A post on Twitter caught my attention and I thought I'd mark it down here - and maybe some input in the comments section could help also. It's in regards to people that were known but seemingly dropped off into limbo - either in terms of intentional or unintentional disappearance.
Just curious what happened to folks, especially people I interacted with at some point over the years and... I don't know where they've gone to. Friendships can end or drift apart and that's depressing enough, I think it may be more depressing to remember someone and have close to zero idea whatever happened to them. It's weird how online social networks can open up new worlds in terms of meeting people but it can also make you more vulnerable if a lot of your communication proceeded over those sorts of channels - in some cases I don't even know the person's RL name, just whatever alias they used.
I know it's nice to have known people and that they've had some sort of impact on your life (whether you really know it or not) but... I don't like not knowing, I'm odd like that :P
Starting with a quick list, anybody know what happened to these folks?
* alias_pup (Only met the guy once, can't remember if he was a friend of Grizz or just joined out of the blue but he helped out at the MS Walk with taking photos. Seemed like an interesting guy but he quickly dropped off the grid, I think he moved out of the area a long while back (California?). LJ account hasn't been updated in years.) (status as of 4/27/16)
* bennetfox (Don't even remember last time I saw him, at a con years ago?) (status as of 4/27/16)
* boixboi / Benji(?) (I think this was the name he went by in the fandom, although lj account I knew him by hasn't been updated in years. First met him I think at MFM 2003, he was one of the people that joined pandaguy's group for the zoo trip. Remember seeing him at other cons, definitely some of the FC cons when it was still at the DoubleTree.) (status as of 4/27/16)
* cyberwolf80 / WhiteWolf Darkpaw (Last saw him at MidWest FurFest several years back, last conversation on LJ found out he moved to California in 2013) (status as of 4/27/16)
* internetjello (This one is a longshot, I only knew them briefly through my version_zero community and their _eek_thecat_ community; deleted their account a long while back. I liked their contributions on both sites, was sad to see them vanish) (status as of 4/27/16)
* killen / shepherdbear (Knew him from... I think people I had met in Connecticut. I think the last interaction I had with him was about 2005, though there could have been some after under his other lj account which apparently was deleted while his original was just forgotten. It looks like he moved overseas sometime 2005 or 2006 but that's about as current an information that I have on him) (status as of 12/19/16)
* lecarick (Did not know him that well, knew he had some heavy substance issues... really just curious what happened to this guy) (status as of 10/14/16)
* suicidehelmet / Death Panda(?) (I think that was a furry name he used at like the only time I met him, which I think was MFF maybe? Remember so little about this guy, mostly just had interactions on livejournal back in the day :/ ) (status as of 12/29/16)
* Totems (Comic artist on FurAffinity, really enjoyed his stuff. There’s been no activity on his account in years) (status as of 5/11/2021)
* cnipur / Luchy / Chano / chanobear
* mightyomnivore / Boomer Skunk / Guillermo
* plushielove / Galliga (
* vindonnus previously known as dragoon3428
And per TJ's post, although I didn't know Santa Fox personally I had seen him at a number of the earlier conventions I went to and really thought he a great fursuit performer - apparently he had left the fandom years ago (sometime prior to 2016 it appears).
I'm sure there are more, I'll update as the list gets expanded. Anybody know anything about these people or want me to add to the list?
Additional list on tjcoyote's account
Final note, a little bit more morbid than with the above, just wanted to note the existence of the furs_remembered community. Unfortunately it seems like I'm the only one still posting there, whoever created it used a sock account that not long after was deleted. Sadly because of that no new members can be added. I'm only updating that community with people I knew personally, even if it was only slightly - so thankfully it doesn't get updated often. Still... there are people listed there who should be remembered.